About Sigma Chi Penn State
The Alpha Chi Chapter of Sigma Chi was founded April 22, 1891. Alpha Chi was installed May 27, 1891 at the Bush House in Bellefonte, Pa. The ceremonies were performed by McPherson with the assistance of the Kappa Chapter, Bucknell. ΑΧ was Sigma Chi’s 65th chapter and 10th in Pennsylvania. The first house was on South Allen Street (1891-1905). In 1905, a third floor fire destroyed the chapter house. In 1906, the construction of the second house was completed on the corner of Pollock and Burroughs (occupied 1906-1972). In 1972, ΑΧ moved into its house at the corner of Prospect and Garner after the second house was condemned.